The top reasons you should consider Boston University for your graduate study in music education:
- Reputation — Boston University is one of the leading private research and teaching institutions in the world.
- Innovation in music education – We were the first institution to grant a degree in music in 1872, and we defined the role of music education in contemporary society though our leadership of the Tanglewood Symposium.
- The wave of the future—Higher education institutions are seeking to expand their reach. It’s not surprising that BU is leading the way by delivering high-quality online education.
- World-class faculty —Online courses are designed and led by the same internationally recognized musicians, scholars, and educators who teach on campus at BU.
- Dedicated staff—When you need help with a technical or administrative issue, you can depend on them. You’ll be able to focus on learning.
- Convenience — You can access your courses with a high-speed Internet connection from anywhere. You participate when it is most convenient for you.
- Big-Picture thinking — You’ll think deeply and critically about music education and rise to the challenge of creating a positive musical future for children, families, schools, and communities.
- Immediate application — You continue working while you are taking courses so you can directly apply what you are learning to your teaching practice.
- Community —Whether you are new to the field or a veteran educator, BU’s online campus will allow you to share your experiences, ask your questions, and develop life-long professional friendships.